Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Saavy Naturals + Mother's Day SURPRISE!!!



I've always been a huge fan of Bath & Body Works. Their fragrances are always so bright and inviting! However, I often feel they're overpowering. A lot of my favorite scents are super strong, and its hard to use them because I end up with a headache. Plus, I'm not entirely thrilled with all of the chemical additives that are in their products. There has to be a better way to get the fragrances I love, in a more grown-up, natural product. Finding such a company has become a personal mission. BTW: it can't be just any company that sells amazingly scented natural products... It has to be a smaller company, that focuses on quality and consumers first!

I was browsing some online shops when I came across a blog opportunity by a company called Saavy. They were looking for bloggers to test and review numerous products, mostly natural body creams and soaps. The products are vegan & gluten free! This was right up my alley!

I applied, and waited... It took a few months to hear back, and by then I had forgotten I had applied! So, it was a really nice surprise when a box showed up on my doorstep, containing Saavy products! In fact, it was more than I expected... Inside the box was 2 pump bottles of Plumeria Violet body cream, and a bar of Yuzu & Meyer Lemon soap. There was also a card thanking me for trying their product, and that they wanted to give me the soap as a gift, in addition to the body cream that they would like for me to review. How cool is that?!? There was also a small catalogue of their products, that included more information on ingredients, etc. I also received some more good news from Saavy, but I'll save that for later...

Being a sucker for floral and citrus scents, these products were completely my style, and I HAD to try them. Now, I had already flipped through the catalogue and read about the body cream and the soap, and had already fallen in love with the product itself. But, how would it smell? How would it stack up against my warped obsession with Bath & Body Works?!? I didn't know, but I was about to find out...

I sniffed the soap. Through the packaging, I could faintly smell fresh Meyer Lemons, and it was rather pleasant. Then, I opened the body cream, and smelled the top of the bottle. I got a faint hint of fragrance, and a good deal of "cream" smell... You know, the unscented, rich, body cream smell? That's what I smelled... So, I put some on my hands and rubbed them together. There it was... The Plumeria scent... and then the Violet ... It was light, but intoxicating! Definitely not overpowering, and absolutely amazing!!! Plus, the way it felt, it was like rubbing liquid silk onto my skin. So rich and creamy, but soft and delicate. My senses were on a serious overload! An overload that I was seriously enjoying!

My experience with the Saavy soap was just as wonderful! If every product by Saavy is this amazing, I may have to buy the whole line...
 The Yuzu & Meyer Lemon soap is so mild, and really leaves your skin clean & refreshed. Plus, it smells heavenly! Its super gentle on any skin, I let my 3 year old use it, and she loves it! She also loves the body cream ... So much that I've had to put it up high, because she was using way too much. She coats herself in the lotion and tells people she smells soooooo good!  Saavy makes soaps and body cream for adults, but they're gentle enough for babies, and come highly recommended by toddlers!

Would you like to try the Saavy Plumeria Violet body cream too? Well, here's that last bit of news that I have... Saavy wants one of my readers to enjoy the Plumeria Violet body cream too, so they're giving away a bottle!
Want to win it? 

Enter below... 

Good luck!!!

PS: This would make a fabulous Mother's Day gift!!!





Ingredients:
Aqua/purified water, Glyceryl stearate SE, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (Red Palm oil*), Allantoin, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Aleurites moluccana (Kukui) Seed Oil*, Moringa pterygosperma Seed Oil*, Argania spinosa (Argan) Kernal oil, Chamomilla recutita matricaria (Chamomile), Passiflora incarnata Flower Extract, Salix alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Extract, Equisetum arvense Leaf Extract, Alchemilla vulgaris Extract (Lady’s Mantle), Citrus aurantium bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Plumeria alba Flower Extract, Plumeria rubra Flower Extract, Viola odorata, Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Xanthan Gum, Gluconolactone. *Certified Organic


No comments :

Post a Comment